The PGA Tour heads to San Jose this week as the Fall Series continues with the Frys.com Open from CordeValle Golf Club. 132 players will tee it up this week as the opportunities to cement 2013 PGA Tour cards continue to dwindle.
Be sure to join the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge to test yourself against our panel of experts, including defending champion Win McMurry.
Bryce Molder returns to CordeValle as the defending champion. Here are 10 players to keep an eye on this week in California:
1. Nicolas Colsaerts: The Belgian Bomber will look to capitalize on his Ryder Cup momentum in hopes of securing his 2013 Tour card. If he putts like he did Friday at Medinah, the field may not stand a chance.
2. Vijay Singh: Showing no signs of slowing down as the Champions Tour approaches. Singh has three top-10 finishes in his last seven starts dating back to the British Open, with only one result outside the top 40.
3. Jonas Blixt: Went to bed with the lead both Friday and Saturday nights in Vegas before finishing third, his best career result on Tour. The rookie currently ranks third on Tour in strokes gained putting.
4. Josh Teater: His T-7 finish here last year was his best result of 2011; his 2012 campaign has fared a bit better, including three straight top-10 finishes earlier this summer. Teater is 24th on Tour in both driving distance and GIR percentage.
5. Luke Guthrie: Heard of him? If not, you will soon. The University of Illinois standout won twice this summer on the Web.com Tour and is poised to have a breakthrough rookie season on the big circuit in 2013.
6. Bud Cauley: Clinched his Tour card with a third-place finish here last year and has had a stellar rookie campaign in 2012. Cauley was fourth in the field last year in greens hit in regulation and fifth in putts per GIR.
7. Jeff Overton: Quietly compiling a solid second half in 2012, making 10 of 12 cuts since the Memorial including four top-20 finishes. Currently fifth on Tour in total birdies and 13th in birdie average.
8. Ernie Els: The British Open champion has done little of note since Lytham, but perhaps returning to CordeValle - where he finished fourth last year - will help Els regain his form from earlier this season.
9. Richard H. Lee: Like Guthrie, a name to watch moving forward. Lee has recorded top-15 finishes in each of his last three Tour starts, including T-6 last week in Vegas where he finished the week T-2 in putts per round.
10. Tim Herron: Lumpy Alert! Herron finished T-10 in Vegas in his first start since August, despite a Sunday 73 that included only a single birdie. He posted a T-13 showing at this event only two years ago.
Tags: Fantasy Central
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take