While the PGA Tour is at the Waste Management Phoenix Open (click here for power rankings), the Commercialbank Qatar Masters is on the European Tour docket. The power rankings for this second event of the Middle East swing are below.
After taking a look at our picks for the week, tweet yours using the hashtag #GCFantasy and follow me @RyanBallengeeGC. Also be sure to join the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge to test yourself against our panel of experts, including defending champion Win McMurry.
1. Alvaro Quiros: The Spaniard has been runner-up in Qatar each of the last two years. The man loves desert golf, including winning in Dubai last year.
2. Thomas Bjorn: The defending champion in Qatar managed to finish T-3 last week in Abu Dhabi. Bjorn should continue his desert form as he jumps fully into the new season.
3. Sergio Garcia: Finishing 12th last weekend in Abu Dhabi, Garcia remains in good form heading into a place where he has finished in the top 10 in three of his five starts.
4. Retief Goosen: A win in Qatar in 2007 was his last European Tour victory. Goosen lost in the Volvo Golf Champions playoff to end a great South African run; he is now moving to the desert, which works for him, too.
5. Robert Karlsson: He was the 2010 champion and has three other top-6 finishes in this event. Seems a likely contender.
7. Graeme McDowell: Off to a hot start again this year, McDowell has finished in the top 20 in his last three Qatar starts.
8. Tom Lewis: The youngster has desert experience in his amateur days, saying he enjoys the region. Here's his chance to continue to impress.
9. Martin Kaymer: After shockingly missing the cut in Abu Dhabi last week, Kaymer comes to a place where he has been hovering around 30th place for the last three years.
You can watch complete coverage of the CommercialBank Qatar Masters Thursday-Friday on Golf Channel from 9AM-1PM ET and Saturday-Sunday from 8:30AM-12:30PM ET.