Dunning Golf joins Greg Norman Collection parent company
- By Win McMurry
- Oct 6, 2011 2:17 PM ET
NEW YORK – Dunning Golf, the premium golf apparel brand known for its clean and sophisticated high-performance clothing for the golf course, will be acquired over the next month by Tharanco Lifestyles LLC, the company that currently manages the brand, design and operation of the Greg Norman Collection. According to the agreement reached today, founder Ralph Dunning will maintain a partnership in the new entity and will continue to design the collection.
The Dunning Golf brand traditionally is distributed through prestigious green grass golf shops and select specialty stores, but Tharanco Lifestyles LLC will open up a platform for international and domestic growth. For the Greg Norman Collection, the operation under Tharanco Lifestyles LLC increased its market penetration in the U.S. with the signing of new product licenses, supporting design and operation, and it also opened up additional international distribution partners.
“Our strategy is to acquire brands that are leaders in their category and use our platform to grow its global distribution and brand recognition,” said Haresh Tharani, chariman of the Tharanco Group.
“Ralph Dunning revolutionized the golf industry in 2001 when he launched the very first apparel line for golf comprised entirely of performance fabrics,” said Michael J. Setola, President and CEO of Tharanco Lifestyles LLC. “We’re confident that with Ralph’s brand vision and our operational platform we’re poised for this acquisition to be a success. We’re thrilled for Greg Norman Collection and Dunning Golf, the two strongest brands in authentic golf performance apparel, to be under the Tharanco Lifestyles LLC umbrella.”
Tags: Greg Norman
Appearing on "Morning Drive" Wednesday, Greg Norman reiterated his call for blood testing to be used in a variety of sports, including golf. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path