The average person may not be able – or want – to walk a mile in Tiger Woods’ proverbial shoes, but the public will have to wait until June to take a few strides in his golf shoes.
In June, Nike Golf will release the golf shoes Woods has been donning since last August at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. They’ll be called the Nike TW ’13. Pricing is still to be determined.
The shoes were developed as a prototype based on the Nike Free running shoe. First released in 2004, the shoe is designed to be light and flexible – aiming to replicate the feel of running barefoot. Having used the shoes in training, Woods worked with the apparel maker to create a golf shoe with the technology.
“I love training in it, I love running in it, lifting in it, so why can't I play golf in it,” Woods said at Firestone last year. “So eventually we got together and created this shoe, and walking out there on the golf course, it felt good to feel my foot activated, something that I hadn't felt in a long time.”
Tags: Tiger Woods
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley leads Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- G-Mac, Colsaerts in Volvo quarterfinals | Results
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process