The average person may not be able – or want – to walk a mile in Tiger Woods’ proverbial shoes, but the public will have to wait until June to take a few strides in his golf shoes.
In June, Nike Golf will release the golf shoes Woods has been donning since last August at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. They’ll be called the Nike TW ’13. Pricing is still to be determined.
The shoes were developed as a prototype based on the Nike Free running shoe. First released in 2004, the shoe is designed to be light and flexible – aiming to replicate the feel of running barefoot. Having used the shoes in training, Woods worked with the apparel maker to create a golf shoe with the technology.
“I love training in it, I love running in it, lifting in it, so why can't I play golf in it,” Woods said at Firestone last year. “So eventually we got together and created this shoe, and walking out there on the golf course, it felt good to feel my foot activated, something that I hadn't felt in a long time.”
Tags: Tiger Woods
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth