The average person may not be able – or want – to walk a mile in Tiger Woods’ proverbial shoes, but the public will have to wait until June to take a few strides in his golf shoes.
In June, Nike Golf will release the golf shoes Woods has been donning since last August at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. They’ll be called the Nike TW ’13. Pricing is still to be determined.
The shoes were developed as a prototype based on the Nike Free running shoe. First released in 2004, the shoe is designed to be light and flexible – aiming to replicate the feel of running barefoot. Having used the shoes in training, Woods worked with the apparel maker to create a golf shoe with the technology.
“I love training in it, I love running in it, lifting in it, so why can't I play golf in it,” Woods said at Firestone last year. “So eventually we got together and created this shoe, and walking out there on the golf course, it felt good to feel my foot activated, something that I hadn't felt in a long time.”
Tags: Tiger Woods
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly