CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Will the real Rory McIlroy please stand up?
OK, so there aren’t too many similarities between McIlroy and Charlotte resident Tucker Wigington besides their golf shirts, but it certainly made me do a double take while roaming the fairways in Round 3 of the Wells Fargo Championship.
Is Wigington a big McIlroy fan and that’s why he wore the shirt? Not exactly.
“It was my only clean shirt this morning,” Wigington said.
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'wrong, hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth