Wie's gold Evian outfit takes home the silver
- By Bailey Mosier
- Jul 29, 2012 4:40 PM ET
Michelle Wie has had her fair share of struggles this year on the course. In 12 events played, she's missed the cut six times; her lowest finish a T-33 at the Sybase Match Play Championship in May.
But Wie showed her brighter side at the Evian Masters this week, where her gold gala outfit took home the silver medal, second only to Cheyenne Woods' elegant peplum dress.
Wie finished T-64 in France and looked radiant in her gold dress and brown boots ensemble she wore to the gala Saturday night.
It's a fun look for Wie and a break from the traditional little black dress and heels worn by so many women so much of the time. The outfit shows Wie isn't afraid to break from the mold and let her true colors shine.
If she carries that attitude onto the fairways, hopefully she can post strong finishes throughout the remainder of the season.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process