Wie's gold Evian outfit takes home the silver
- By Bailey Mosier
- Jul 29, 2012 4:40 PM ET
Michelle Wie has had her fair share of struggles this year on the course. In 12 events played, she's missed the cut six times; her lowest finish a T-33 at the Sybase Match Play Championship in May.
But Wie showed her brighter side at the Evian Masters this week, where her gold gala outfit took home the silver medal, second only to Cheyenne Woods' elegant peplum dress.
Wie finished T-64 in France and looked radiant in her gold dress and brown boots ensemble she wore to the gala Saturday night.
It's a fun look for Wie and a break from the traditional little black dress and heels worn by so many women so much of the time. The outfit shows Wie isn't afraid to break from the mold and let her true colors shine.
If she carries that attitude onto the fairways, hopefully she can post strong finishes throughout the remainder of the season.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process