×
Golf Channel Mobile
Golf Channel
Free
install

Caddies plan to appeal judge's ruling in Tour lawsuit

RSS

LOS ANGELES – When a U.S. District Court judge dismissed a lawsuit brought against the PGA Tour by a group of caddies last week the lead attorney for the caddies, Gene Egdorf, told GolfChannel.com, “I like our chances in appeal.”

On Tuesday at the Northern Trust Open Kenny Harms, Kevin Na’s caddie and a co-lead plaintiff in the lawsuit, said the caddies plan to appeal Judge Vince Chhabria’s ruling.

“I think the judge was wrong in his ruling,” Harms said. “I talked to 20 or 30 lawyers before the ruling and not one ever told me we had a chance of losing. We are definitely going forward with the appeals process.”

Harms said he’s spoken with many of the other caddies involved with the lawsuit, 168 caddies were listed as plaintiffs, and many want to continue the suit that claims, among other things, breach of contract and antitrust violations involving the bibs caddies wear during tournaments.

“Everybody I’ve talked to they are all moving forward with the appeal,” Harms said. “I’ve had numerous caddies ask me if they can join the appeal who weren’t involved in the original complaint.”

The case would be transferred to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in California if the caddies decide to appeal.