Tiger Woods was one of five players who did not break 80 in Round 1 at the U.S. Open. Here are some key stats from his round, provided by Golf Channel's editorial research unit.
• 80 (10 over); worst career round in U.S. Open
• Second-worst score in major championship as professional
• 4 over through 6 holes; worst six-hole start to U.S. Open career
• Did not make birdie until 16th hole of round
• More rounds in 80s (3) than 60s (2) this season
Tiger's worst rounds in majors as a professional
2002 Open Champ. Third 81
2015 U.S. Open First 80
2014 Open Champ. Second 77
2011 PGA Champ. First 77
1998 Open Champ. Third 77
From 1996-2014, Woods played 1,107 PGA Tour rounds as a professional. He only recorded one in the 80s. This season, he has played 15 rounds and this is his third in the 80s.