How long has it been since the past Masters champion has been in the mix? Consider these numbers:
• Once ranked third in the world, he is currently No. 609. A year ago this week, he was 1,136th.
• His last top 10 occurred 87 tournaments ago, in his first start of the 2010 season.
• In his last 87 starts, he’s earned $688,328. This week’s winner’s check is $1,242,000. Solo second is worth $745,200.
• In 2012, he missed the cut in all 14 starts. All together, his MC streak lasted 18 events.
• Prior to opening this week with rounds of 68-66-67, he’d played 31 rounds without a score in the 60s.