FRED S. RIDLEY
Born: Lakeland, Fla.
Residence: Tampa, Fla.
Education: Undergraduate degree at University of Florida (1974); Law degree from Stetson College of Law (1977).
Occupation: Business lawyer and partner in international law firm Foley & Lardner LLP
Family: Wife Betsy; daughters Maggie, Libby and Sydney.
- Elected seventh chairman of Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters
- Named chairman of Masters competition committee in 2007
- Served as president of USGA from 2004-05
- First became member of USGA’s executive committee in 1994
- In 2006, recipient of PGA Distinguished Service Award
- Won 1975 U.S. Amateur at Country Club of Virginia, defeating Keith Fergus in the championship; Beat Curtis Strange and Andy Bean on his way to victory
- Competed in three Masters (1976, 1977, 1978), one U.S. Open (1976) and one Open Championship (1976). He missed the cut in each
- Competed in 1977 Walker Cup for a winning U.S. squad and was U.S. Walker Cup captain in 1987 and 1989
- Three-time letterman on University of Florida golf team