Ben Martin leads the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open by two shots through 54 holes in Las Vegas after a third-round 62 at TPC Summerlin. The 27-year-old is looking for his first win on the PGA Tour. Here are some things You Oughta Know in advance of the final round at TPC Summerlin:
• Despite TPC Summerlin being home to low scores, this has not been an event in recent years where winners came back from a big deficit on Sunday. Each of the last eight winners either held a share of the lead or were one shot back entering the final round.
• This is Martin's first 54-hole lead on the PGA Tour. His previous-best position entering a final round was at the 2014 RBC Heritage where he was T-3 (he finished T-3).
• Martin’s third-round 62 matches his career-best round on the PGA Tour. He also shot a 62 in the first round of the 2014 Zurich Classic of New Orleans en route to a T-15 finish.
• Martin not only missed the cut last week at the Frys.com Open, he bested only one other person after rounds of 78-79. He also missed the cut in his two previous starts at the Shriners (2011, 2013).
• Knox is making his third start at the Shriners, finishing T-13 in 2012 and T-30 in 2013.
• Knox has just two rounds in the 70s in three starts at the Shriners, both coming in the final round (73 in 2013 and 72 in 2012). The remainder of his scores at TPC Summerlin have been in the 60s.
• Jimmy Walker matched his career-best round on the PGA Tour with a 62 in the third round. He now has five rounds of 62 on Tour. Prior to Saturday, his most recent 62 came in the third round of the 2013 Frys.com Open, which he went on to make his first victory on the PGA Tour.