• Furyk is really good through 54 holes, but 72? Not so much. This is his eighth 54-hole lead since the beginning of 2012, the most of anyone in that span. He has not converted any of them.
• Furyk is seeking his first win since the 2010 Tour Championship.
• Co-leader Day can thank his putter for his position; he leads the field in strokes gained putting this week, and was 13 for 13 on putts inside 10 feet in the third round.
• Hunter Mahan, one stroke back, has shot eight consecutive rounds of par or better, dating back to the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational final round.
• Mahan's stroke average in August, 68.20, is a significant improvement over his average in June-July, 71.56.
• Hot: Morgan Hoffman is 15 for 16 on putts inside 15 feet this week.
Information compiled by Golf Channel Senior Researcher Justin Ray.