• Furyk is really good through 54 holes, but 72? Not so much. This is his eighth 54-hole lead since the beginning of 2012, the most of anyone in that span. He has not converted any of them.
• Furyk is seeking his first win since the 2010 Tour Championship.
• Co-leader Day can thank his putter for his position; he leads the field in strokes gained putting this week, and was 13 for 13 on putts inside 10 feet in the third round.
• Mahan's stroke average in August, 68.20, is a significant improvement over his average in June-July, 71.56.
• Hot: Morgan Hoffman is 15 for 16 on putts inside 15 feet this week.
• Not: Rory McIlroy has made just one of 13 putts between 10 and 20 feet this week. In winning the PGA Championship, he was eight for 22 at that distance.
Information compiled by Golf Channel Senior Researcher Justin Ray.