Try this warm up routine the next time you play in an outing. It is a great way to stretch your entire body to help you play your best and help you avoid injury.
- Upper Body Stretch-
- Start in your address position with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Hold a club out in front of you so that the club is parallel to the ground.
- Place your left hand on the club with your palm facing the sky and your right hand on the club with your palm facing the ground.
- Flip the club over so that your left palm faces the ground and your right palm faces the sky, keeping your arms extended.
- Hold stretch for 20 seconds.
- Return to start position, adjust hands and flip the club over to stretch the other side.
- Core Stretch-
- Stand in your address position, tilting from your hips sockets as if you were going to hit a ball.
- Place a club behind your back, looping your arms around the club and place your hands on your stomach.
- Turn to the right (or left, if you are left-handed) as if you were completing your backswing and hold the position for 20 seconds.
- Slowly turn the left as is you were making a downswing, complete your swing and hold your finish position for 20 seconds.
- Lower Body Stretch-
- Stand with feet shoulder with apart, holding a club behind your back with your palms facing forward.
- Slowly bend from your hip sockets, dropping the club behind your legs to your ankles.
- Bend your knees slightly.
- Hold stretch for 20 seconds and then return to starting position.
EDITORS NOTE: Golf Fitness Magazine is the only national consumer publication dedicated to golf-specific fitness, mental focus, and improving ability, performance and health among all golfers. Our priority is to maximize your potential, lower your scores, reduce your risk of injury, and extend your golfing years. Each issue has departments dedicated to men, women, seniors, and juniors along with tips, advice and simple exercise routines from GFMs team of experts. If you want to improve your golf game, and hit the ball farther, click here for special offers on a subscription so you can have all this and more in-depth advice delivered right to you! Get cutting edge fitness & mental tips sent to your inbox each month with our FREE golf performance eNewsletter, Shape Your Game. To contact our Senior Editor, Publisher or Online Editor with questions or comments, please visit our web site golffitnessmagazine.com for more information.