Golf Channel Academy: Controlling your iron distance
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 13, 2013 7:30 PM ET
The Northern Trust Open gets underway Thursday at storied Riviera Country Club, which has long been considered one of the most demanding venues on the PGA Tour.
Of particular importance at Riviera is iron play, as the course features an extremely demanding set of green complexes.
In this video segment, School of Golf host Martin Hall has a couple of great tips to help you improve distance control with your irons, which is crucial when it comes to shooting good scores.
Try these tips out the next time you practice or play and you’ll hit the ball pin high more often, and that will be a major benefit to your golf game.
For more great content from Martin Hall, check out the School of Golf showpage.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots