Golf Channel Academy: Controlling your iron distance
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 13, 2013 7:30 PM ET
The Northern Trust Open gets underway Thursday at storied Riviera Country Club, which has long been considered one of the most demanding venues on the PGA Tour.
Of particular importance at Riviera is iron play, as the course features an extremely demanding set of green complexes.
In this video segment, School of Golf host Martin Hall has a couple of great tips to help you improve distance control with your irons, which is crucial when it comes to shooting good scores.
Try these tips out the next time you practice or play and you’ll hit the ball pin high more often, and that will be a major benefit to your golf game.
For more great content from Martin Hall, check out the School of Golf showpage.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth