Video: Perform on the greens when the pressure is on
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Sep 26, 2012 4:30 PM ET
If there’s one word that’s most synonymous with the Ryder Cup it would probably be pressure.
This weekend at Medinah, 24 elite golfers will be playing for not only their team but their countries as well, with the whole world watching intently. And that equates to immense pressure.
But it’s not just Ryder Cup players who face pressure on the golf course, you do as well, whether it be trying to win a club championship, attempting to beat your best friend on a Saturday morning or grinding to break 90 for the first time.
The reality is that golfers of all ability levels face pressure every time they play, and often times that pressure is most evident on the greens.
In this video segment, School of Golf host Martin Hall has four great tips to help you putt better under pressure.
Keep these thoughts in mind the next time you’re feeling the heat while standing over an important putt and there’s a good chance that you’ll get the job done.
For more putting tips from Golf Channel, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process