School of Golf: Understanding match play strategy
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 20, 2013 7:30 PM ET
The world’s best players are in surprisingly snowy Arizona this week and playing a different format at the Accenture Match Play Championship.
As the tournament title would suggest, it’s all about match play this week, as opposed to stroke play, which is what the players see every other week of the year.
In this video segment, School of Golf host Martin Hall has three great tips to help you fare better in match play.
Take this advice to heart and you’ll have more success against the guys in your weekend group and you just might be able to make a little noise in any match-play events in which you have the chance to compete at your club.
For more great School of Golf content, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae