School of Golf: Understanding match play strategy
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 20, 2013 7:30 PM ET
The world’s best players are in surprisingly snowy Arizona this week and playing a different format at the Accenture Match Play Championship.
As the tournament title would suggest, it’s all about match play this week, as opposed to stroke play, which is what the players see every other week of the year.
In this video segment, School of Golf host Martin Hall has three great tips to help you fare better in match play.
Take this advice to heart and you’ll have more success against the guys in your weekend group and you just might be able to make a little noise in any match-play events in which you have the chance to compete at your club.
For more great School of Golf content, click here.
Fresh off his U.S. Open win, Justin Rose will play the first two rounds at TPC River Highlands alongside a pair of fellow major champions. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path