SwingFix analysis: Posture and staying connected
- By Brian Lackey, SwingFix instructor
- Nov 19, 2012 7:00 AM ET
So many of the problems that golfers have with their swings are related to things that happen before the club even starts back.
In this video, SwingFix instructor Brian Lackey breaks down Jason’s swing, and his posture at address and open alignment are two of his primary issues.
As far as Jason’s swing is concerned, he’s getting disconnected in his takeaway and backswing, which is leading to compensation moves in the downswing and a loss of posture as he gets to impact.
If you tend to have similar problems in your setup and swing, this analysis might offer some ideas to help you make some strides with your game.
And if you want some professional help with your swing, click here to take an online lesson with Brian Lackey.
SwingFix instructor Brian Lackey was selected as the Middle Tennessee PGA Teacher of the Year in 2008 and 2010.
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'wrong, hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth