Tip of the Week: Evaluate your short game options
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 17, 2013 2:00 PM ET
Earlier this week, we introduced Weekly Fix, a new feature on GolfChannel.com that will be designed to help you learn more about the technical aspects of the golf swing.
Our resident expert for Weekly Fix will be PGA Master Professional of Instruction Tim Cooke, so we turned to Tim for this week’s Tip of the Week segment.
Everyone understands that a good short game is crucial when it comes to playing golf at a high level, and having a good short game takes plenty of practice. But is also takes a sound understanding of what type of shot is the best to play in different situations.
In this video segment, Tim takes a look at three different types of shots you’ll face around the greens and options for approaching each of those shots.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you with your short game, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take