Video: Don't be afraid to experiment with your putting
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Sep 29, 2012 10:30 AM ET
The United States is off to a great start at the Ryder Cup and that success has been fueled by a strong performance on the greens, as the Americans have been pouring in putts left and right at Medinah.
And in the game of golf, as the saying goes, you drive for show but you putt for dough.
When it comes to success on the greens, you don’t win six major championships without being able to roll your rock, so when Nick Faldo tells you that this is the best putting tip he has, it’s time to pay attention.
As Faldo explains in this video, the key is to get on the putting green and go to work in experimenting with your stroke and your grip to find out what approach works best for you.
For more great putting tips from Golf Channel, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth