Video: Get your weight forward on the downswing
- By SwingFix
- Nov 27, 2012 1:00 PM ET
Most amateur golfers struggle to generate the kind of power they’d like and oftentimes that’s a result of not getting their weight moving forward on the downswing.
If you’re among those who tend to hang back as you approach impact, that’s something that needs to be changed in short order.
In this video segment, School of Golf host Martin Hall has a great drill to help you feel what it’s like to get your body moving forward properly in the downswing.
This might feel quite strange at first, especially if you’ve been hanging back, but as Hall suggests, if you do this correctly you’ll see some dramatic improvement in your ball-striking, both in terms of distance and contact.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you with your swing, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- SCORING: Bradley leads by 1 | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process