The takeaway is a crucial aspect of the golf swing, as getting the club started on a good swing plane makes it so much easier to stay on plane.
Many golfers, however, have issues from the start with their swings, as the club works too far to the inside or outside, which creates all sorts of problems both in the backswing and downswing.
In this video segment, SwingFix instructor Jim Williams gives you his favorite drill to help you perfect your takeaway, and all you’ll need is a small piece of 2x4 lumber.
If you have trouble with your takeaway, try this drill when you practice and you’ll get your swing off to a much better start.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your swing, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- Bradley holds onto Nelson lead after Day 3 | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: Nordqvist's 61 in Mobile mix
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process