The takeaway is a crucial aspect of the golf swing, as getting the club started on a good swing plane makes it so much easier to stay on plane.
Many golfers, however, have issues from the start with their swings, as the club works too far to the inside or outside, which creates all sorts of problems both in the backswing and downswing.
In this video segment, SwingFix instructor Jim Williams gives you his favorite drill to help you perfect your takeaway, and all you’ll need is a small piece of 2x4 lumber.
If you have trouble with your takeaway, try this drill when you practice and you’ll get your swing off to a much better start.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your swing, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots