100 years ago three of the most impactful, game-changing and important names in golf were born: Byron Nelson, Sam Snead and Ben Hogan. All week long GolfChannel.com will be celebrating the life of these icons by offering an in-depth look at who they were beyond the records and historical facts in a four-part series entitled “1912: A Year That Changed the Game”. Our writers will paint a different picture about these players than you may already know. Their stories will shed light on what really defined these men, which was so much more than what they accomplished on the golf course.
To kick-off the four-part series, “1912: A Year That Changed the Game”, GolfChannel.com writers Rex Hoggard, Jay Coffin and Randall Mell will be on Morning Drive Tuesday, March 13, to share the importance and meaning behind remembering and honoring Nelson, Snead and Hogan. The tribute will continue Wednesday, March 14 on Morning Drive as we honor Byron Nelson by learning more about the golf legend from his wife of nearly 20 years, Peggy. On Thursday, March 15 tune in again to Morning Drive to hear stories about Sam “Slammin Sammy” Snead from none other than his grandson, Jack Snead. Watch Morning Drive week days between 7-9AM ET.
Click here to learn more about our four-part series that begins March 13 on GolfChannel.com.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path