100 years ago three of the most impactful, game-changing and important names in golf were born: Byron Nelson, Sam Snead and Ben Hogan. All week long GolfChannel.com will be celebrating the life of these icons by offering an in-depth look at who they were beyond the records and historical facts in a four-part series entitled “1912: A Year That Changed the Game”. Our writers will paint a different picture about these players than you may already know. Their stories will shed light on what really defined these men, which was so much more than what they accomplished on the golf course.
To kick-off the four-part series, “1912: A Year That Changed the Game”, GolfChannel.com writers Rex Hoggard, Jay Coffin and Randall Mell will be on Morning Drive Tuesday, March 13, to share the importance and meaning behind remembering and honoring Nelson, Snead and Hogan. The tribute will continue Wednesday, March 14 on Morning Drive as we honor Byron Nelson by learning more about the golf legend from his wife of nearly 20 years, Peggy. On Thursday, March 15 tune in again to Morning Drive to hear stories about Sam “Slammin Sammy” Snead from none other than his grandson, Jack Snead. Watch Morning Drive week days between 7-9AM ET.
Click here to learn more about our four-part series that begins March 13 on GolfChannel.com.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- C. Choi tops crowded LPGA leaderboard | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process