Tommy “Two Gloves” Gainey made Big Break history this weekend after being the first Big Break alumnus to win on the PGA TOUR. Gainey took home The McGladrey Classic title this weekend following his record-breaking final round of 10-under par 60.
Gainey first gained notoriety with golf fans as a two-time participant of Golf Channel’s Big Break series, Big Break IV: USA vs. Europe in 2005 and in 2006 he won the Big Break VII: Reunion show. Gainey also became the first Big Break alumnus to earn full status on the PGA TOUR in 2008 when he advanced through 2007 PGA TOUR Q-School.
Hear what Gainey had to say about his win at this weekend’s McGladrey Classic after he talked to our Morning Drive team:
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots