Tommy “Two Gloves” Gainey made Big Break history this weekend after being the first Big Break alumnus to win on the PGA TOUR. Gainey took home The McGladrey Classic title this weekend following his record-breaking final round of 10-under par 60.
Gainey first gained notoriety with golf fans as a two-time participant of Golf Channel’s Big Break series, Big Break IV: USA vs. Europe in 2005 and in 2006 he won the Big Break VII: Reunion show. Gainey also became the first Big Break alumnus to earn full status on the PGA TOUR in 2008 when he advanced through 2007 PGA TOUR Q-School.
Hear what Gainey had to say about his win at this weekend’s McGladrey Classic after he talked to our Morning Drive team:
Check out video profiles of the 12 men and women in 'Big Break Mexico'. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play