Kelly Jacques former Big Break Ireland competitor shares her thoughts on playing in the U.S. Women’s Open.
The anticipation leading up to this week has been crazy. It hasn't even sunk in yet that I am playing in the U.S. Women’s Open tomorrow! Maybe at 7 a.m. when they announce my name....it will finally feel real....but maybe not. I have been dreaming of this moment since I was a little girl and I’m so incredibly excited to play the game I love on the biggest stage in women’s golf. I am so blessed! Of course I want to play my best but I'm also making sure to enjoy every second of this week...and truly have fun. I can already feel the nerves but I know this won't be my last championship so I'm not putting too much pressure on myself :) Goal of the week? Enjoy the opportunity, play only for God, leave everything I have out on the course, not pass out from heat exhaustion and if all that goes well…reward myself with an ice cream sandwich every day after my round!! I have been treated amazing this week and the last time I was treated like a golf princess was during the filming of Big Break Ireland! We had a beverage cart full of goodies follow us around all day. Food aside, my experiences in Ireland are going to help me so much this week! Granted I'll still be nervous but I don't think anything can compare to the insane nerves that takes place on a Big Break set! Seeing my game hold up under pressure like that gives me confidence that it can hold up under anything! I learned how important a positive, never give up mentality is, and that's exactly what I'm bringing this week. No matter what happens the next few days I know I belong here :) I'm off to bed. If you can't find me on the course tomorrow...look for the girl with the biggest smile.
As part of winning Big Break Ireland I received an exemption to play in this week’s Irish Open. I've been excited about playing at Portrush since last May when I lifted the Big Break trophy. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots