McIlroy Heads to Memphis for a Tune Up
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jun 7, 2012 11:19 AM ET
After missing the cut in three straight tournaments, Rory McIlroy is using his playing time in this week’s FedEx St. Jude Classic as a tune up for next week’s U.S. Open. McIlroy doesn’t usually play a tournament the week before a major, but he said yesterday, ''I feel like that's just what I need ... especially going into next week. But I mean I would love to play well here and obviously try and win the tournament, and that would give me a great confidence boost going into next week.'' McIlroy is part of the Fighting Irish trio on the course today as he is playing with Graeme McDowell and Padraig Harrington. Check out their scores and the rest of the FedEx St. Jude Classic field here.
Catch all the tournament action at the TPC Southwind today and Friday LIVE at 2:30 & 8:30PM ET only on Golf Channel.
Graeme McDowell made amends for last year's defeat to capture the Volvo World Match Play Championship on Sunday, defeating Thongchai Jaidee 2 and 1 in the final at Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resor... Read More
Graeme McDowell and Lee Westwood both weighed in on Rory McIlroy's decision to leave Horizon Sports Management. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae