The PGA TOUR Heads North of the Border
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jul 26, 2012 12:30 AM ET
Sean O’Hair looks to defend his title as the RBC Canadian Open returns to Hamilton Golf and Country Club for the fourth time. Joining Sean O’Hair is last week’s resurgent major champion, Ernie Els, who claimed his second Claret Jug at Royal Lytham. Brandt Snedeker, the 54-hole leader at Royal Lytham, will also be playing as he seeks to follow up on his successful play of last week at the Open Championship.
As the fourth oldest tournament in professional golf, the RBC Canadian Open has a field full of the PGA TOUR’s best. Charl Schwartzel, Jim Furyk, and Vijay Singh are just a few of the former major champions to be playing this week. Canadian and the 2003 Masters champion Mike Weir looks to honor his home with a strong showing.
Rounding out the field includes the likes of Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan, Ryan Palmer, and last week’s True South Classic champion Scott Stallings. Action gets underway on Thursday morning, as the RBC Canadian Open promises to be another exciting event of the PGA TOUR.
Tune in on Thursday and Friday at 2:30 and 8:30PM ET to catch LIVE coverage of the first and second rounds on Golf Channel.
Sean O'Hair, who had missed the cut in nine of his previous 12 starts, beat Kris Blanks in a playoff to win the RBC Canadian Open. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path