The PGA TOUR Heads North of the Border
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jul 26, 2012 12:30 AM ET
Sean O’Hair looks to defend his title as the RBC Canadian Open returns to Hamilton Golf and Country Club for the fourth time. Joining Sean O’Hair is last week’s resurgent major champion, Ernie Els, who claimed his second Claret Jug at Royal Lytham. Brandt Snedeker, the 54-hole leader at Royal Lytham, will also be playing as he seeks to follow up on his successful play of last week at the Open Championship.
As the fourth oldest tournament in professional golf, the RBC Canadian Open has a field full of the PGA TOUR’s best. Charl Schwartzel, Jim Furyk, and Vijay Singh are just a few of the former major champions to be playing this week. Canadian and the 2003 Masters champion Mike Weir looks to honor his home with a strong showing.
Rounding out the field includes the likes of Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan, Ryan Palmer, and last week’s True South Classic champion Scott Stallings. Action gets underway on Thursday morning, as the RBC Canadian Open promises to be another exciting event of the PGA TOUR.
Tune in on Thursday and Friday at 2:30 and 8:30PM ET to catch LIVE coverage of the first and second rounds on Golf Channel.
Sean O'Hair, who had missed the cut in nine of his previous 12 starts, beat Kris Blanks in a playoff to win the RBC Canadian Open. Read More
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A announce ban on anchored stroke
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae