Tiger and Rory Paired Early at The Barclays
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 22, 2012 3:14 PM ET
Let the race begin. The top 125 players are ready to battle Bethpage Black, site of The Barclays, the first event of the 2012 FedExCup Playoffs. The Barclays will definitely be a compelling event for a multitude of reasons, but one reason that stands out is Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy, Nos. 1 and 3, respectively in the FedExC up standings will be paired up together for the first time all season. What will be exciting to watch is their contrasting styles of play, especially off the tee. Read more of Randall Mell’s article on why this will be fascinating to watch during the first two rounds of play.
Woods and McIlroy will also be paired up with Zach Johnson, currently No. 4 in the standings. This trio tees off Thursday at 8:16AM ET. Other notable pairings and tee times are Adam Scott, Sergio Garcia and Louis Oosthuizen all tee off together at 7:54AM ET, teeing off at the same time on the back nine are Phil Mickelson, Scott Piercy and Luke Donald. Followed by Keegan Bradley, Steve Stricker and Matt Kuchar at 8:16AM ET. Later in the day Bubba Watson, Hunter Mahan and Carl Pettersson tee off at 1:06PM ET.
Who do you think will win the FedExCup? Our experts weigh in and make their predictions. Read what they have to say.
Golf Channel has LIVE coverage of The Barclays starting Thursday at 1:30PM ET.
Thursday, August 23: LIVE 1:30 & 8:30PM ET
Friday, August 24: LIVE 1:30 & 8:30PM ET
Saturday, August 25: LIVE NOON & 9:30PM ET
Sunday, August 26: LIVE NOON & 9:30PM ET
Tiger Woods will play the first two rounds of the Arnold Palmer Invitational with Ernie Els and Justin Rose. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Less is more? Watson reduces captain's picks
- Woods draws Els, Rose at Bay Hill | Tee times
- Woods, Vonn say they're dating | Meet Lindsey
- Chinese teen Ye, 12, qualifies for Euro Tour event
- Report: Haney impressed by Tiger this year
- Fantasy: Bay Hill rankings, fact pack and picks
- Notes: Arnie passes on exemption for grandson
- Lewis inks deal | New No. 1 | Donates $50K
- Lewis wins Founders; No. 1 | Scores | Mell
- Land finally being cleared for 2016 Olympic course
- Holmes fractures ankle in rollerblading accident
- Weekly Fix: Curing the dreaded two-way miss