Watson Looks to Defend Title at Zurich Classic
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Apr 26, 2012 10:16 AM ET
Bubba Watson looks to defend his title at this week’s Zurich Classic of New Orleans in his first competitive round since winning this year’s Masters. Watson is paired up with Steve Stricker and Webb Simpson, the man Watson defeated in a playoff last year to win the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. All eyes will be on Watson to see if he can keep up his momentum and win his second tournament title.
Luke Donald will also be in the spotlight this week as he has another chance to take back the No. 1 spot in the Official World Golf Ranking from Rory McIlroy. Donald is paired with Keegan Bradley and K.J. Choi, the 2002 Zurich Classic of New Orleans winner and their group tees off today at 1:30PM ET.
Also, Big Break Indian Wells winner and Canadian native, David Byrne will make his PGA TOUR debut. Byrne will compete in his first PGA TOUR event this week at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans on a tournament sponsor exemption as a result of winning Golf Channel’s Big Break Indian Wells series in 2011.
Tournament action begins today LIVE at 2:30PM ET only on Golf Channel.
Thursday, April 26: LIVE 2:30 & 8:30PM ET
Friday, April 27: LIVE 2:30 & 8:30PM ET
Saturday, April 28: LIVE 12:30 & 8:30PM ET
Sunday, April 29: LIVE 12:30 & 8:30PM ET
The buzz from Bubba Watson's Masters triumph has followed him to his first encore performance in New Orleans, where he'll begin the defense of his Zurich Classic victory. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No three-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots