Following all of Cink’s media obligations late Sunday at Turnberry, he was headed up to the resort’s hotel with his wife and children in tow when he ran into a smiling Tom Watson and his wife.
“He shared a quick story about one of the experiences he had with the Claret Jug,” Cink recalled. “It was almost like a moment of diffusal. It was two or three minutes, but it was just enough for him to communicate to me without saying it in words, well done, pat on the back and go enjoy it.”
Makes one realize why all of Scotland was pulling for Watson.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management