Following all of Cink’s media obligations late Sunday at Turnberry, he was headed up to the resort’s hotel with his wife and children in tow when he ran into a smiling Tom Watson and his wife.
“He shared a quick story about one of the experiences he had with the Claret Jug,” Cink recalled. “It was almost like a moment of diffusal. It was two or three minutes, but it was just enough for him to communicate to me without saying it in words, well done, pat on the back and go enjoy it.”
Makes one realize why all of Scotland was pulling for Watson.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy won't address management speculation
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air