ATLANTA – How bad are things in Atlanta after nearly a foot of rain was dumped on the area within the last week? Atlanta Athletic Club – located across town from East Lake, site of this week’s soggy Tour Championship, and the host of the 2011 PGA Championship – doesn’t have fairways any more, it has rivers.
“A couple of fairways are completely under water but we’ve been able to get 27 (holes) open,” said AAC’s affable superintendent Ken Mangum, who has a healthy appreciation for what crews at East Lake are facing this week. “You really feel sorry for them.”
And you really hope Mother Nature is kinder to AAC when the ’11 PGA comes to town.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play