The Asian Amateur Championship has landed IBM, KFC, Rolex and Zurich Financial Services as sponsors for the inaugural event that will be held Oct. 29-Nov. 1 at Mission Hills Golf Club in Shenzhen , China .
The formation of the Asian Amateur was announced in February by the Asia Pacific Golf Confederation, the Masters and the R&A as a joint effort to grow the game. The winner of this year’s event will receive an invitation to play in the 2010 Masters and both the winner and runner-up will earn a spot in International Final Qualifying for next year’s British Open.
The 72-hole stroke play event will have a 36-hole cut and the 120-player field will have the top amateurs in the region representing 34 countries.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management