SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – Morgan Pressel might have made a pretty good cheerleader in high school if she weren’t so busy with her golf.
Fans following around Pressel and Michelle Wie during a Solheim Cup practice round Wednesday at Rich Harvest Farms got a workout.
Pressel turned spectators into participants, coaching the gallery to bellow “USA” chants as they made their way around. She wants the home crowd ready when Friday’s action begins.
“It’s our practice round, but the crowd’s got to practice, too,” Pressel said.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WD's from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth