EDISON, N.J. – In what is expected to be a weather-plagued Barclays tournament, the first round has already been suspended.
Play was halted at exactly 10:29 a.m. due to dangerous conditions, as impending thunderstorms were on the way. The forecast doesn’t look promising for the remainder of the day, either, as those storms are expected to linger until sundown.
Though the weather is expected to improve on Friday and Saturday, already there is a belief that Hurricane Irene will greatly impact any tournament play on Sunday, as the storm is predicted to reach the Eastern Seaboard that day.
With only half of the field having teed off so far, J.J. Henry and Adam Scott are the early leaders at 5 under through 12 and nine holes, respectively.
Tags: The Barclays
On a marathon final day at the Barclays Singapore Open, Matteo Manassero holed a 15-foot eagle putt on the third playoff hole to win. Read More
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots