Barkley rooting for Woods, but doubts domination
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 25, 2012 11:25 AM ET
At one time before his personal problems, Tiger Woods considered Charles Barkley a friend. Though they don't talk now, Barkley is rooting for Woods to return to his winning ways.
"He's not on the comeback," Barkley said Wednesday on "Morning Drive." "He's back. He's won three times. Nobody else has won three times."
Barkley is skeptical, however, of Woods' ability to dominate a changed landscape in professional golf.
"But he's not going to dominate majors like he did in the past," he said. "These young players are so good now and anybody can on any given week can win out there. I think he will win some more majors. I'm hoping for him. I root for him. I'm a big Tiger Woods fan."
Tags: Tiger Woods
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path