×
Golf Channel Mobile
Golf Channel
Free
install
Franklin Templeton Shootout View Leaderboard >
  • 1
  • Day/Tringale
  • -32
  • F
  • T3
  • Bradley/Villegas
  • -29
  • F
  • T3
  • Horschel/Poulter
  • -29
  • F
  • T5
  • McDowell/Woodland
  • -28
  • F
  • T7
  • Howell III/Verplank
  • -26
  • F
  • T7
  • Leonard/Sabbatini
  • -26
  • F
  • 9
  • Palmer/Walker
  • -25
  • F
  • 10
  • Reed/Snedeker
  • -24
  • F
Prev Next

GFC Search

 

Barron case still in holding pattern

RSS

Doug Barron’s professional future is still in the hands of a federal magistrate, who spent the weekend mulling whether he should allow the 40-year-old journeyman to play the second stage of PGA Tour Q-School.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Tu Pham had his clerk contact lawyers for the Tour and Barron on Saturday to tell them the decision would be delayed and he personally called both parties at 4:30 p.m. (CT) on Sunday to say a ruling wouldn’t come before Monday.

“This is all very unusual,” said Jeffery Rosenblum, Barron’s Memphis-based attorney.

Rosenblum said he planned to request Pham make his decision by 10:30 a.m. (CT) on Monday to give Barron – who became the first player to violate the Tour’s anti-doping policy earlier this month – enough time to prepare for second stage, which begins Wednesday in Houston.

Tour officials have not allowed Barron access to the course or practice facility at Deerwood Club, site of this week’s qualifier.

“This is putting Doug at a disadvantage already,” said Rosenblum while he waited for Pham’s decision on Monday.