Battling leukemia, Lyle welcomes first child
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Mar 11, 2012 12:55 PM ET
Days before he undergoes chemotherapy to battle a second occurrence of leukemia, Aussie Jarrod Lyle became a father for the first time on Saturday.
Lyle's wife, Briony, gave birth to daughter Lusi Joy on Saturday in his hometown of Shepparton, Australia, according to the Associated Press.
Briony Lyle was induced so Jarrod could be at the birth before chemotherapy begins at Royal Melbourne Hospital.
The 30-year-old Lyle revealed this week he is battling leukemia after a successful nine-month battle when he was 17.
Tags: Jarrod Lyle
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process