Battling leukemia, Lyle welcomes first child
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Mar 11, 2012 12:55 PM ET
Days before he undergoes chemotherapy to battle a second occurrence of leukemia, Aussie Jarrod Lyle became a father for the first time on Saturday.
Lyle's wife, Briony, gave birth to daughter Lusi Joy on Saturday in his hometown of Shepparton, Australia, according to the Associated Press.
Briony Lyle was induced so Jarrod could be at the birth before chemotherapy begins at Royal Melbourne Hospital.
The 30-year-old Lyle revealed this week he is battling leukemia after a successful nine-month battle when he was 17.
Tags: Jarrod Lyle
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path