Battling leukemia, Lyle welcomes first child
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Mar 11, 2012 12:55 PM ET
Days before he undergoes chemotherapy to battle a second occurrence of leukemia, Aussie Jarrod Lyle became a father for the first time on Saturday.
Lyle's wife, Briony, gave birth to daughter Lusi Joy on Saturday in his hometown of Shepparton, Australia, according to the Associated Press.
Briony Lyle was induced so Jarrod could be at the birth before chemotherapy begins at Royal Melbourne Hospital.
The 30-year-old Lyle revealed this week he is battling leukemia after a successful nine-month battle when he was 17.
Tags: Jarrod Lyle
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly