Next week’s Barclays event won’t be the last time Bethpage Black is in the golf spotlight.
According to a report Sunday in Newsday, the Black Course is guaranteed to host the Barclays again in 2016 because of the state’s contract with the PGA Tour.
That’s a good thing, says Betsy Wintenberger, the Bethpage park director.
“It keeps Bethpage out there as a premier golf facility,” she said, according to the report. “As a result, it allows us to continue to maintain the facility in the condition that people expect it to be in.”
Newsday also reports that Bethpage Black, located in Farmingdale, N.Y., is in discussions with the PGA of America to possibly host the Ryder Cup or PGA Championship sometime after 2018.
Tags: The Barclays
On a marathon final day at the Barclays Singapore Open, Matteo Manassero holed a 15-foot eagle putt on the third playoff hole to win. Read More
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process