Next week’s Barclays event won’t be the last time Bethpage Black is in the golf spotlight.
According to a report Sunday in Newsday, the Black Course is guaranteed to host the Barclays again in 2016 because of the state’s contract with the PGA Tour.
That’s a good thing, says Betsy Wintenberger, the Bethpage park director.
“It keeps Bethpage out there as a premier golf facility,” she said, according to the report. “As a result, it allows us to continue to maintain the facility in the condition that people expect it to be in.”
Newsday also reports that Bethpage Black, located in Farmingdale, N.Y., is in discussions with the PGA of America to possibly host the Ryder Cup or PGA Championship sometime after 2018.
Tags: The Barclays
On a marathon final day at the Barclays Singapore Open, Matteo Manassero holed a 15-foot eagle putt on the third playoff hole to win. Read More
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth