CHASKA, Minn. – Ran into Dustin Johnson this morning before his round and, among other topics, the conversation turned to long-hitting Spaniard Alvaro Quiros.
Johnson, among the Tour’s biggest big-hitters who has played with Quiros on numerous occasions, was asked the obvious: If they both “stand on” their tee shots, who is longer?
“Man,” Johnson smiled. “No wind and a little roll I can keep up with him. If it’s wet, probably not.”
For the record, Johnson is third on Tour with a 308-yard average.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process