CHASKA, Minn. – Ran into Dustin Johnson this morning before his round and, among other topics, the conversation turned to long-hitting Spaniard Alvaro Quiros.
Johnson, among the Tour’s biggest big-hitters who has played with Quiros on numerous occasions, was asked the obvious: If they both “stand on” their tee shots, who is longer?
“Man,” Johnson smiled. “No wind and a little roll I can keep up with him. If it’s wet, probably not.”
For the record, Johnson is third on Tour with a 308-yard average.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth