Blixt, de Jonge, Moore share lead; Daly shoots 86
- By Jason Crook
- Oct 6, 2012 7:25 PM ET
Jonas Blixt, Ryan Moore and Brendon De Jonge will head into the final round of the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open tied for the lead, five shots clear of the field at 19 under.
Blixt, a PGA Tour rookie, scorched the back nine at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas, making birdies on six of his last seven holes for a 66 to grab a share of the lead.
De Jonge used his own streak of birdies from holes 14-18, to match Blixt's 66 and is in position for his first career PGA Tour win.
Moore, who flirted with a 59 on Thursday, shot the low round of the day among the leaders, turning in a bogey free scorecard with six birdies for a 65. He's looking for his first win since the 2009 Wyndham Championship.
Jimmy Walker and Tim Herron finished the day tied at 14 under, five shots behind the leaders.
The story of the day, however, was at the other end of the leaderboard. John Daly followed up his second-round 63 with a Saturday 86 that featured a quadruple-bogey 8, triple-bogey 7 and two double bogeys. The 23 stroke difference between rounds sent Daly plummeting down the leaderboard from sixth to 72nd, last among players who made the cut.
Ryan Moore, Jonas Blixt and Brendon de Jonge pulled away from the rest of the field on Saturday at the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, taking a five-shot lead into Sunday's fin... Read More
It’s not the kind of shot you want to go to bed thinking about, but Ryan Palmer had no problems with his opener Sunday at The Players. Read More
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae