Blixt, Lowry move into top 75 in world ranking
- By Ryan Lavner
- Oct 15, 2012 8:34 AM ET
A pair of first-time winners made big jumps in the latest world ranking.
Rookie Jonas Blixt, who played well down the stretch to win the Frys.com Open on Sunday for his first PGA Tour title, jumped from 115th to 75th in the world. He began the year at No. 226, after graduating from the 2011 Nationwide Tour.
Meanwhile, Shane Lowry, who held off Ross Fisher on Sunday to win the Portugal Masters, moved a spot ahead of Blixt, to No. 74, after his first European Tour title as a pro. He began the week at No. 128 in the world.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots