Blixt, Lowry move into top 75 in world ranking
- By Ryan Lavner
- Oct 15, 2012 8:34 AM ET
A pair of first-time winners made big jumps in the latest world ranking.
Rookie Jonas Blixt, who played well down the stretch to win the Frys.com Open on Sunday for his first PGA Tour title, jumped from 115th to 75th in the world. He began the year at No. 226, after graduating from the 2011 Nationwide Tour.
Meanwhile, Shane Lowry, who held off Ross Fisher on Sunday to win the Portugal Masters, moved a spot ahead of Blixt, to No. 74, after his first European Tour title as a pro. He began the week at No. 128 in the world.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots