CHASKA, Minn. – Golf Channel colleague and fellow scribe Tim Rosaforte had a gem this morning when he glanced at the leaderboard and saw a B. Jones trailing Tiger Woods at Hazeltine National. "Not only has the great Bobby Jones risen from the grave but he’s turned pro and trying to give the world No. 1 a game," remarked Roseforte.
B. Jones, of course, is part-time pro Brendan Jones, who likely had his best shot at Woods earlier this year at the WGC-Match Play Championship, where he and lost 3 and 2. It’s still a good line.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path