Bodypainted Gulbis poses in SI swimsuit issue
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 14, 2012 11:15 AM ET
Natalie Gulbis is featured in the body-paint section of Sports Illustrated's recently released swimsuit issue. Gulbis is one of three female athletes in body paint, including U.S. swimmer Natalie Coughlin and U.S. soccer star Alex Morgan. (Gulbis' full SI gallery | Gulbis's GolfChannel.com gallery)
"[A]nyone who has ever done swimsuit or fashion modeling, or as an athlete, just to be invited is a huge honor. It’s something I’ve wanted to be a part of for quite a few years, and I was so excited when they asked me to be a part of it," Gulbis told Golf.com.
Gulbis said the process took 13 hours and added that the paint came off in one wash.
"The most pressure was when they were taking pictures," she said. "I was so nervous. You’re up there, and they’re playing club music and everyone is having fun and dancing around. They might forget that you’re naked, but you don’t forget that you’re naked. And everybody’s watching you."
Tags: Natalie Gulbis
A fatigued Natalie Gulbis withdrew from the Kia Classic before her scheduled start Thursday afternoon. Read More
Natalie Gulbis expects to come back strong. Gulbis, who withdrew from the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup on Tuesday night, contracted malaria while playing the LPGA’s Asian swing this past month. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae