It all added up to big ratings for ESPN at the 141st Open Championship.
The final round of the British Open drew a 3.3 overnight rating, up 50 percent from last year’s comparable coverage, according to a report in USA Today. It marked the highest ratings for the Open since it went exclusively to cable in 2010, according to the Sports Business Daily.
Saturday’s third round had a 3.0 overnight rating (67 percent increase), while Friday’s was up 50 percent (1.5 overnight).
Pretty sporty ratings – especially considering the five-hour time difference.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path