It all added up to big ratings for ESPN at the 141st Open Championship.
The final round of the British Open drew a 3.3 overnight rating, up 50 percent from last year’s comparable coverage, according to a report in USA Today. It marked the highest ratings for the Open since it went exclusively to cable in 2010, according to the Sports Business Daily.
Saturday’s third round had a 3.0 overnight rating (67 percent increase), while Friday’s was up 50 percent (1.5 overnight).
Pretty sporty ratings – especially considering the five-hour time difference.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae