Bubba Watson and his wife, Angie, announced they are new parents. The couple adopted a boy two days ago, sharing the news on Twitter.
“Everyone (Angie) & I are proud new parents of a 1 month old baby boy name Caleb,” Watson said. “Been a parent for 2 days!” (Click for family photo)
The couple had been planning adoption for over a year, returning to Bubba's home state of Florida to do so. Watson has represented the PGA Tour in the Wendy's 3-Tour Challenge event, whose proceeds benefit the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
Last week, Watson had indicated he was uncertain about when the adoption would be official.
"Could take two weeks. Could take two years. I don't know," Watson said at the Tavistock Cup.
Tags: Bubba Watson
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots