When it was revealed that Paul Casey would miss up to the first two months of 2012 with a shoulder injury from a snowboarding accident, it was assumed the world No. 23 would not be a part of next week's WGC-Accenture Match Play.
We know what can happen when we assume.
“Right now we are still shooting for the Match Play,” Casey’s swing coach, Peter Kostis, said Monday.
Casey's agent, Guy Kinnings, told Golf Channel's Rex Hoggard in Abu Dhabi that the Englishman could make his season debut in the Match Play field of 64.
If Casey cannot compete, South African George Coetzee, ranked No. 66, would get the spot.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process