DUBLIN, Ohio – If Bud Cauley had opted to stay in college for his senior year, he would no doubt be helping the University of Alabama at this week’s NCAA Championship. Instead, he’s in contention at the Memorial Tournament.
Sounds like a pretty good backup plan.
While the Crimson Tide led entering the final round at Riviera, the three-time first-team All-America selection posted a 2-under 70 on Thursday that left him one shot out of the lead after the morning wave at Muirfield Village Golf Club.
“It's been nice,” said Cauley, who carded five birdies against three bogeys. “I've been struggling the last few weeks, so to see my name up there in red numbers was good.”
Tags: Bud Cauley
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Senior PGA Championship
- Kuchar leads by 1 at Colonial after Day 3 | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots