CHASKA, Minn. – It’s customary for the reigning PGA Championship winner to bestow gifts upon past champs at the Champions Dinner.
Padraig Harrington kept his gifts a tightly guarded secret until handing them out Tuesday night.
What were they?
Befitting his Irish heritage, he gave out Celtic Drums.
The gifts are typically distinctive each year. Shaun Micheel, who lives in Memphis, gave out electric guitars after winning in '03. Rich Beem, a Texan, gave out ostrich cowboy boots after he won in '02. Louisiana-born David Toms gave out alligator belts with sterling buckles in '01.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'