CHASKA, Minn. – It’s customary for the reigning PGA Championship winner to bestow gifts upon past champs at the Champions Dinner.
Padraig Harrington kept his gifts a tightly guarded secret until handing them out Tuesday night.
What were they?
Befitting his Irish heritage, he gave out Celtic Drums.
The gifts are typically distinctive each year. Shaun Micheel, who lives in Memphis, gave out electric guitars after winning in '03. Rich Beem, a Texan, gave out ostrich cowboy boots after he won in '02. Louisiana-born David Toms gave out alligator belts with sterling buckles in '01.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play