CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Spotted Tim Clark at Quail Hollow early Sunday morning still nursing an ailing right elbow that has slowed him this season and prompted him to withdraw from the Wells Fargo Championship on Monday.
Clark seemed questionable for next week’s Players Championship, where he is the defending champion, but the South African hit balls on the Quail Hollow range on Saturday and was optimistic on Sunday on his way to the trainer’s room to have some treatment.
“I’ll play,” Clark said of his TPC Sawgrass status.
It’s a boost for a field that was already without the world No. 1 (Lee Westwood) and possibly Tiger Woods, who committed to the tournament on Friday but is still recovering from a left knee and Achilles injury.
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae