Colsaerts accepts temporary membership on Tour
- By Ryan Lavner
- Oct 3, 2012 11:45 AM ET
Nicolas Colsaerts – nicknamed the “Belgian Bomber” for his prodigious length off the tee – has accepted special temporary membership on the PGA Tour for the rest of the season, making him eligible for unlimited sponsor exemptions this year. He has already accepted a sponsor invite into next week’s Frys.com Open.
Colsaerts, 29, has made eight starts on the PGA Tour this season, making seven cuts and posting two top 10s (T-7 at British Open, Wyndham). Overseas, he won at the Volvo World Match Play Championship and is ninth on the Order Of Merit after 22 starts.
Colsaerts was one of the revelations at last week’s Ryder Cup. Alongside partner Lee Westwood in Friday afternoon fourballs, Colsaerts made eight birdies and an eagle on his own ball to edge the U.S. team of Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker. He failed to win another match, however, compiling a 1-3 record overall.
Nicolas Colsaerts, one of the revelations of this year's Ryder Cup, says he is playing the 2013 PGA Tour because of the courses here. Read More
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play