AKRON, Ohio – On a calm, sunny morning with little breeze and softer greens, conditions at Firestone Country Club are ripe for players to go low.
And some of the leaders are doing just that so far.
Playing in his first career WGC event, PGA Tour rookie Keegan Bradley shot a 3-under 32 on the front side to vault into sole possession of the lead. This year’s winner of the Byron Nelson Championship is at 11 under, two clear of a young triumvirate in second place.
Currently at 9 under are Ryo Ishikawa, Jason Day and Adam Scott – the last of whom was first-round leader and second-round co-leader.
Best round of the day so far belongs to Luke Donald and Matt Kuchar, both 5-under through 14 and 17 holes, respectively.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots